Beware of Covid-19/World Bank Compensation Funds scam over email from a James Oatman.
Just got this email today:
I know it looks like an obvious scam to me.
- it’s asking for detailed personal information
- it’s coming from an unverified email address
- claims to want to wire me money internationally
- there are some failed autocomplete items in the copy
- points out to a 3rd person that should offer “legitimacy” to the transaction
- is deemed as urgent
- it features poor use of English
- Gmail flagged it as suspicious
If, with this article, I can save at least one person’s information from these scammers, I’ve done my job.
Stay safe out there!